[Updated 31st August 2023]
- Any information you submit to RVA will be managed in accordance with RVA’s Privacy Statement
Intended Use of Information
- All information on the Portal is for your general information and use only.
- Information is customised for people located in Australia and should not be used as medical advice regardless of your location. If you have, or suspect you have, a medical problem, please consult a qualified healthcare professional. Do not disregard any professional advice, or delay seeking professional advice, due to any information accessed via the Portal or distributed by RVA.
- All information provided on the Portal, including treatment information, is for general use only and does not replace professional advice. The information is not intended to be used as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied upon to manage or diagnose a rare disease.
- Information on the Portal does not in any way endorse or support medical services, treatment or therapy. Please seek support from qualified healthcare professionals to learn more about the most suitable care and support options for you.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Representations
- All information on the Portal is subject to RVA’s quality assurance processes. However, RVA makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) regarding the currency, completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, fitness for purpose, non-infringement of third-party rights and/or availability of the information that appears on the Portal, including the completeness of any third party information
- The Portal makes use of third-party materials and includes videos/content from third parties. The views expressed by third parties are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of RVA
- The information on the Portal is intended for educational purposes only and does not replace professional advice. Rare diseases typically display a high level of symptom complexity and variability. Individuals diagnosed with the same rare disease may be impacted differently and each person’s experience is unique. Please seek support from qualified healthcare professionals to learn more about the most suitable care and support options for you.
Disclaimer of Liability
- By using the Portal, you acknowledge that your access and use of any information on the site is entirely at your own risk and that the information may contain inaccuracies. You also recognise the possibility of human error in preparing the information. Information on the Portal has been customised for the Australian context and may have been written by third parties. As such, the information on the site has not necessarily been independently verified by RVA.
- You obtain access to this website at your own risk and RVA accepts no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage, or disruption to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ to obtain access to this website does not expose you to the risks of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RVA expressly disclaims all liability (including for negligence) for any loss, damage, injury, expense or costs incurred by you arising out of accessing, downloading, using or relying on the information contained on the Portal, including any third parties accessed through a link on the site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights on the Portal, including (without limitation) copy, graphics, architecture and coding (including any copyright subsisting in them), is either owned by RVA or permission has been granted to RVA to use this intellectual property for the purposes of the Portal.
- Information on the Portal may contain trademarks owned by RVA and third parties. You may not display or use, in any manner, any trademarks featured without prior written permission of the trademark owner.
Links to Other Websites
- The Portal contains links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience only.
- Views or recommendations provided in linked websites do not necessarily reflect those of RVA and RVA has no responsibility for the material and content of the linked website(s). It is your responsibility to make your own informed decisions about the currency, completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability of information contained in linked websites.