Module four introduces Rare Disease Organisations, and examines their roles and responsibilities when providing Mental Health First Aid. This Module will cover:
- The role of Rare Disease Organisations
- Mental Health First Aid
- Boundaries of expertise and knowledge
- Mental Health and Wellbeing of staff and volunteers
- Strategies for a ‘Mentally Healthy Workplace’
- Employee and Volunteer self-care
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities and limits of a person applying mental health first aid in a rare disease organisation.
- Identify resources available to develop, implement, and maintain a mentally healthy workplace.
- Explain the importance of employee and volunteer self-care strategies within rare disease organisations.